Monday, December 23, 2013

Pumpkin Cubes - Easy Pumpkin Recipes

Hihi friends of Hazelnutt House (",) 

The pumpkin cubes that I bake is always a hit with kids and adults alike.  Some kids turn up their noses at the mention of pumpkin but once they start popping these cubes into their mouths, they come backing asking for more (",) 




The first time I baked these pumpkin squares, I followed the  Pumpkin Bars recipe from Food Network.
It was atrociously SWEET!  Well, to be fair, not everyone has a sweet tooth... so I decided to cut, cut, cut down on the amount of sugar since pumpkin is already sweet on its own.   I also added chocolate chips coz I think it'll go well with the pumpkin.  So here's my take on the pumpkin bars.  I cut mine up into cubes so I'll call mine 'Pumpkin Cubes' instead.

I make my own pumpkin puree so, if you are interested to DIY, click here.


Cubes
Wet Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 can of pumpkin puree (appx 2 cups)

Mix the wet ingredients together.   



Dry Ingredients 

  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda


Mix dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients.

I did all the whisking and mixing with a whisk instead of an electric mixer.


  • 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips


Once the wet and dry ingredients are nicely mixed, fold the semi sweet chocolate chips into the mixture.  Pour mixture into a baking pan (13 x 10 inch).

Set oven to 180 Degrees Celsius and bake for about 30 minutes.




Once the pumpkin mixture is in the oven, you can start prepping the icing.



Icing

  • 250g cream cheese (soften) 
  • 1/2 cup butter (soften)
  • 1 cup confectioner' sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon powder


I used a handheld mixer for the icing.  Mix everything together at low speed until combined. 
Set the icing in the refrigerator while waiting for the pumpkin mixture to bake. 


Once the pumpkin mixture is baked, allow to cool for at least 30 mins. 
I shaved off the sides and started cutting it up into cubes.



Start pipping the frosting on each cube (",)







Kim the opportunistic pooch waiting around as usual... I gave her some roasted pumpkins.. though (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10