Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Homemade Hummus - easy recipe

Hihi friends of Hazelnutt House (",)



I was quite excited when I saw that naan has been introduced to the Mission range of bread, pita and wrap products.  I bought it and decided to prepare a hummas dip for dinner to go along with the naan.




I would usually use dried garbanzo beans (chickpeas) but I did not have the time to soak the beans overnight since I wanted to prepare hummus for dinner.  So, I grabbed a can of garbanzo beans and made my way home.



There are many varieties of hummus recipes online, but this is how I prepare mine.  I usually make use of what I have instead of going out to get every single ingredient for one recipe. 

Most recipes call for lemon juice but I hardly use lemons at home, so I replaced it with just water since the chickpeas form a really thick paste when blended in a food processor.  Tahini which is a paste made from sesame seeds is usually needed, but I do not have that in my kitchen, so I added the next best thing, sesame seeds.  In place of fresh garlic, I made use of garlic salt... hehee... seems like I am replacing most of the usual ingredients used to make hummus - but I assure you, it still taste pretty good, imo (",) 



So, I blended everything together and when a smooth paste is formed, I transferred everything into a bowl and added olive oil.




Here's dinner for Kiddo and I (",)


Although Kiddo loves the naan, I thought it was too 'bready'... I prefer the frozen ones that I usually buy.  I think I will start storing some hummus in the fridge and bringing it to work for lunch along with some carrot and celery sticks.

Talk to you ladies soon (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10